- Large capacity, holds two 10-inch, 3-quart graniteware pots (included)
- Long-lasting aluminum and plastic
- Well insulated and efficient
- Highly weather resistant
- Tough but light-weight, only 9 pounds
- Stable (normal winds no problem)
- Uses no fossil fuel – only the free energy of the sun.
- Made in the USA
The casing for the Solavore™ Sport Solar Oven is made from rugged BPA free nylon plastic for weatherability and durability. The insulation is one-inch closed-cell foam that does not absorb moisture. The lid’s double layer creates dead air space for enhanced insulation. The oven holds two 10-inch pots or your favorite lasagna pan! The floor dimension of the oven is 9-1/4 inches x 17-1/2 inches.
To make the Solavore™ Sport even easier to store and transport, the Solavore™ Stow-or-Go Carrying Case (a $45 value) is now included. Just like the Sport, this carrying case is lightweight yet tough. Made from rugged 600-denier, double stitched with double tote handles and an adjustable shoulder strap. It can be spot cleaned with a damp cloth. For your reflector, there is an Interior pouch with velcro-closure to keep it folded snug and tidy. There are also two interior side pockets for utensils, kitchen tools, or your favorite seasonings. For easy access, there is a wrap-around two-pull zip closure.
The new aluminum TR-86 High-Performance Reflector is designed to extend your solar cooking range –great for baking. It allows cooking year-round – even up north, far from the Sun Belt. The reflector is collapsible for easy storage. The reflector is 86% Total Reflectance – a near mirror-like surface – means faster pre-heat, higher upper-end temperatures, and increased range for partial-sun days. The anodizing process hardens and coats the aluminum, creating a weather and tarnish-resistant surface that will keep the finish looking like new for years. Like the original, the TR-86 reflector is detachable – a distinguishing feature of the Solavore Sport – and it comes with its own carry case for safe storage when not in use.
- SUPERWAPI (Water Pasteurization Indicator)
- TR-86 High-Performance Reflector and carry case
- Two 3-quart, 10-inch graniteware pots with lids
- Oven thermometer
- User manual with quick-start solar cooking recipes
- Stow-or-Go Carrying Case