SPORTSWAPI II – "Floating" Water Pasteurization Indicator
In emergencies or when camping, backpacking, fishing or other outdoor adventures access to safe, clean potable water is vital. Waterborne pathogens and harmful microbes like E. coli, rotaviruses, giardia, cholera salmonella and hepatitis A virus, render water unsafe to drink. Pasteurization is the process of heating water to temperatures that kill them. California State University researchers have proven that water need not be boiled to be pasteurized. Water heated to 150ºF for five minutes makes it safe to drink. Reach for the compact and reliable SPORTSWAPI II (“Floating” Water Pasteurization Indicator) a product designed, manufactured and assembled in the United States. The SPORTSWAPI II is perfect for emergency preparedness and all types of outdoor adventures. What’s more, the SPORTSWAPI II is reliable AND reusable; you can use it over and over again and again.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- Remove cartridge from case.
- With the green wax inside the SPORTSWAPI II cartridge at the top, insert the SPORTSWAPI II cartridge into the orange sleeve at the bottom of the case.
- With the lid of the case half open, slowly lower the unit vertically into water in the heating container, allowing it to float, without allowing water to enter the case. For shallow pans (under 3”) lid must be closed to avoid water inundating case.
- Apply heat to the container while observing the green wax in the cartridge.
- When the wax melts indicating the water is 150ºF (65.5ºC), it will slide to the bottom of the cartridge.
- Maintain the heat for an additional five minutes.
- The water is ready to drink when safely cooled. CAUTION, THE WATER IS HOT.
- For next use, cool the cartridge vertically with the wax at the bottom and store in the compact case.
25 in stock