SUPERWAPI – Water Pasteurization Indicator 10-Pack
The process of heating water to temperatures that kill pathogens and harmful microbes like E. coli, rotaviruses, giardia, cholera salmonella and hepatitis A virus is called pasteurization. California State University researchers have proven that water need not be boiled to be pasteurized. They showed when heated to 150ºF for five minutes, water is safe to drink.
Save with ten complete SUPERWAPI units. The Water Pasteurization Indicator (SUPERWAPI) is just that…SUPER! Without the need for cumbersome thermometers you can know the correct temperature of pasteurized water without waiting to see it boil. This makes solar water pasteurization possible and reduces the amount of fossil fuel needed to accomplish the task. The SUPERWAPI’s durable six-strand stainless steel construction allows it to be used with not only solar heat, but also fossil fuels, including campfires. Its compact design makes it perfect for emergency preparedness and all types of outdoor adventures. What’s more, the SUPERWAPI is reliable AND reusable; you can use it over and over again and again. This product was designed, manufactured and assembled in the United States.
EASY TO USE:
- Gently pull the surplus wire through the wax (wax is green in color) end of the SUPERWAPI cartridge.
- Drop the SUPERWAPI into the water to be pasteurized with the wire draped outside over the rim (like a tea bag).
- Applying heat to the container while observing the wax in the cartridge.
- When the wax melts, it will slide down to the bottom of the cartridge indicating it has reached 150ºF.
- Once the wax is melted and in the bottom portion of the cartridge, maintain the heat for at least five minutes.
- The water is now ready to drink after cooling to a safe temp.
- After use, cool the SUPERWAPI vertically with the wax at the bottom of the cartridge. It can be used over and over again.